Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Victory and Shoe Laces

Sometimes it so easy to identify with silly joy! Tolido will get so frustrated trying something that he's about ready to cry. I'll continue to encourage him and maybe give a little tug on a shirt collar or angle his shoe just a bit more or guide his hand ever so slightly. Sometimes I'll just stay close. Suddenly, it works. IT WORKS! Ah the JOY and PRIDE. It just spills out of him in a cry, a shout, and a giddy giggle with I-DID-IT-ALL-BY-MYSELF victory splashed across his face in wide eyes and a huge grin. Sometimes he even throws in a victory dance. I SO get this.

This morning Tolido decided he would tackle the problem of tying his shoe laces. Okay.... big bites! He gets his shoes on and I tighten up the laces so they are ready for tying. And then (it's so funny to see his interpretation of the things I do) he puts both hands and all ten fingers into the action of aggressively "tickling" the shoelaces. Suddenly he stops with a "tah-dah" flourish and looks at the laces. He seems a bit crestfallen that no bow has materialized. Mama, help! Yes, Tolido. I give him many points for the attempt and the entertainment value I got from it. ;)

No comments: