Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Wish for Words

I know, once he starts, he'll never stop. But that's not a problem for me. I'd just enjoy communicating with him on another level. The sign language, pointing and grunting are cool and all but I'm done with it. He says a buckets worth of words, usually appropriately, sometimes not. He understands everything! (Which has led me to understand that I need to be very careful when venting...) His single words are becoming more clear in pronunciation - awesome! Just jump off the cliff now and... talk... in sentences! Please! We did get a new word this afternoon - BUBBLE. He was very impressed with himself. Ah.. he's cute. I need to work on my patience.

And the kid loves chores. He puts the placemats and coasters away every night after dinner. He cleans up his playroom before his nap and before bed with only a little fussing. If it's made of cloth and it's on the floor, it'll end up in the laundry room, courtesy of Tolido. He's awesome at cleaning up messes - gets down on the floor after eating and picks up any crumbs and puts them in the trash. If he spills his milk, all I have to do is hand him a towel and he'll practically spit shine the floor. He's a wonderful little helper... :) He helps Daddy haul buckets around the yard and gathers plant trimmings into piles and digs in the flower beds with Mommy. And when he's done playing with his trucks and lawn mowers outside, he lines them all up on the patio... See? So cute.

Our new nightly ritual in "light patrol". Just before bedtime Tolido gets to turn out all the lights downstairs. And, if Mommy's home, believe me, they're ALL on. So he gets to choose which lights we turn out - the laundry room or the living room, the playroom or the hallway - until Daddy is left sitting in the dark. Then we dance around in circles and I sing, "Daddy's in the dark. Daddy's in the dark." This is slightly annoying to Daddy but he endures it with a gentle smirk. ;) We LOVE Daddy.

No comments: