Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Batface

Ken went off in search of more plants for our driveway circle. They have to be blazing sun tolerant and at least deer resistant. I'd personally prefer a plant that would send deer to the great pasture in the sky but that's another story... So he came home with a bunch of green things. As I was surveying his collection in the back of his truck, he reached into the middle and pulled out one which he proudly announced was a "batface." The lady at the nursery described it to Ken who immediately said, "I must have one of those!" Apparently the flowers are red and look like tiny bat faces. So we've been waiting for them to appear. Just now Ken walked into my office with a little red flower on the end of a tube and it looks just like a tiny bat face! See...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh, my sister Kate is gonna LOVE this. she is a bat freak! I mean that in a good way. :-)