Friday, October 23, 2009

My Cubicle

I'm LUCKY! My husband works in "cubeland". He also works in a place I'm not allowed to enter because I'm not an employee. So I'm not absolutely sure he actually has a job; however, he does seem to be getting a paycheck so, it works. Anyway he describes cubeland as a vast room divided into small spaces by six-foot walls and an intricate maze of hallways. Hmm. I wonder if he and his "cubemates" are really just rats in an experiment.

I also work in a cube. Mine is spacious, carpeted, decorated in sage green, walnut brown, white and silver. I have three windows and double glass doors. There are no other cubes - no cubeland. The cafeteria is about ten feet away. I can open the windows and listen to the wind and the birds and the bees. It's peaceful in my cube. I like it that way.

And this is my view out the center window between my two monitors. Sitting at my desk, if I look straight ahead, this is what I see...

No comments: