Thursday, October 29, 2009

Continuing Sickness...

My child is losing his hearing. He seems quite happy with the situation but it's a bit alarming to me. Anyhoo tomorrow morning we have an appointment with the doctor to get him looked over. He looks sorta like I look when I feel like I've been run over by a bus. Pinkeye, a gift from pre-school, has his eyes red and watery with green crud floating around in them. Two nights ago he rubbed the hell out of them and popped a blood vessel in one. When he looks to the side the blood spot is big and bright red. His sinuses are draining incessantly and he has a nagging cough. He hasn't been tugging at his ears or seeming the least bit concerned about them. He'll be thrilled to death to see the doctor come at him with an ear scope first thing tomorrow morning. ;) This morning it simply would not do to have Daddy pry his eyes open and he asked Daddy to get Mommy to apply a warm wet compress to his eyes to clear the dried crud. I swear it felt like it was 3AM and I really didn't want to get out of bed. BUT this was the very first time he ever preferred Mommy's help over Daddy's so you bet I was there!! :)

No comments: