Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Approved!

We got our FedEx today with our certificate of Adoption Approval from Gladney! So exciting to be one step closer. As before it all seems a little unreal. I think this time will be like last where the wait, looking back, just seems like a blur with a sudden stop at the end when a small child is placed in your arms. The responsibility of parenthood settles about your shoulders and it is then that all the reading and learning and thinking and dreaming coalesces into a quiet confidence. This is where I should be at this moment and this is the child I was intended to raise with all love that I have to give. When I look at my son and think about how we came to share a family, I find it impossible not to think about the ancient Chinese belief that says, "An invisible red thread connects us to those we are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." It is truly amazing that we have been so gifted. I am grateful for all that I have and for all that is still to come.

No comments: